Seventh Convocation Notice
Ref.No.F9/BM/18-15 dated 19 July 2018
SEVENTH CONVOCATION OF ASSAM DON BOSCO UNIVERSITY
The Board of Management of Assam Don Bosco University has decided to hold the Seventh Convocation of the University on Saturday, 8th September 2018, at 3:00 pm at the Tapesia Campus of the University (Tapesia Gardens, Sonapur-782 402, Assam).
Important guidelines for the graduating students of 2018:
1. To be awarded their Degrees and Certificates, all graduating students are required to pay the requisite fees using the link provided in the Convocation Notification on the university website.
2. To attend the Convocation, in person or in absentia, click here to register
Payment details are to be entered in the registration form. Last date for Registration – 1st September 2018.
Click here to make a payment for attendance in person.
Click here to make a payment for attendance in absentia
3. Gold medals will be awarded at the Convocation to the graduates with the highest CGPA in each programme and in each discipline as indicated in the regulations of the University (CGPA of 8.00 or more for BTECH/MTECH/Courses in Science and Technology; CGPA of 7.50 or more for Courses in Humanities and Social Sciences). The Chancellor’s Medal for standing first across all degrees and the Vice Chancellor’s Medal for outstanding contribution to campus life will also be awarded on the occasion. The recipients of these medals will be intimated personally.
4. All those participating in the Convocation must attend a rehearsal of the Academic Procession and the ceremony at the Tapesia Campus of the University on 7th September 2018 at 3:00 pm.
5. On the day of the Convocation, the graduating students should register at the designated rooms from 12:30 pm onwards and collect their gowns, caps and scarves. They must be dressed and ready for the academic procession by 2:30 pm. Those who arrive after 2:00 pm will not be granted entry to the Convocation Hall.
6. The gowns and caps must be returned to the designated rooms soon after the completion of the function and a receipt obtained for the same. Damage to either of these will attract a fine of Rs. 1000.00.
7. The scarves, specially prepared to mark the occasion, may be retained by the graduates as a souvenir of their participation in the Convocation.
8. Those who wish to have a set of the Convocation dress, as a souvenir of this memorable day in their lives, may obtain it from the designated rooms / University Office on payment of Rs. 1000.00
9. Graduation Certificates and Transcripts will be available from the University Offices after the Convocation on submission of the receipt certifying return / purchase of the gown and cap.
10. Only official photographers will be allowed to take photographs during the ceremony. However, photo booths will be available in the campus for individuals and groups who wish to have their photographs taken in the Convocation dress.
11. A special issue of ‘Spark’, the University Newsletter, is being published on the occasion of the Seventh Convocation. The graduating students are welcome to send a paragraph or two of reminiscences on their life in the University for Publication. Kindly email your inputs to: email@example.com
All graduating students of the year 2018 are encouraged to exercise the privilege to participate in the Convocation Ceremony and ensure that the Seventh Convocation of the University will be a memorable event.
Dr. Biju Michael
Assam Don Bosco University
The official Notification can be downloaded by clicking the link below:
Convocation 2018 – Notification