Research Proposal Presentations
On 25 January, the first Research Proposals Presentation of the year 2016 was held for 6 research students. The names, departments and topics presented are as given below:
- Bikash Agarwal, Dept. of Electronics and Communication Engineering – “Development of a nanotechnology based water purification process for removal of chemical and biological contaminants”.
- Vijay Prasad, Dept. of Computer Science Engineering– “Text detection and recognition in a natural scene”.
- Mita Nath Bora, Dept. of North East India Study – “Social transformation in Cluster Program areas: Role of cluster & cluster ecosystem in the socio-economic empowerment of the artisan community of the NE region of India”.
- Suraj Marathe, Mechanical Engineering – “To increase the overall performance of hydraulic die casting machinery and the process so that the end product is in conformity with the Six Sigma Quality Standard”.
- Paul Cheruthottupuram, Dept. of Mass Communication – “Representation of Mother Teresa in the Calcutta press between 1948 and 1962: An exploratory study”.
- Daisy P.J., Dept. of Education – “Impact of life skills training on enhancing the study skills of school going adolescents”.