Guidelines for payment of fees
Date : 19 April 2017
NOTICE: GUIDELINES FOR PAYMENT OF FEES
The following guidelines have been laid down to facilitate payment of fees to the University in keeping with the policy of our Government to move expeditiously to digital transactions:
Fees may be paid in any of the following modes:
- Online, through the University payment portal using Internet banking, debit cards or credit cards
- In person through the swipe machines at the University Offices
- Through an account payee cheque or a Demand Draft in favour of “Assam Don Bosco University” payable at Guwahati
When making payments through cheque, it must be ensured that there is no crossing out of mistakes, no over-writing on the cheque, that all particulars (including the signature) are correct and verifiable, and that there is sufficient credit in the drawee account. Issuing a cheque which may bounce is a criminal offence. A penalty of INR 1000.00 will be levied on bounced cheques in addition to penalty on delayed payments. A cheque must be accompanied by a self-attested copy of a valid ID proof.
- Fees paid online (through the University payment portal or by bank transfer) will be considered as having been paid only after a student submits to the office of the University the transaction ID or UTR as proof of payment.
- In all cases, online payment is the preferred mode of fee payment in the University. The University does not encourage payments by cheque or Demand Draft.
- Cash will be accepted only for the payment of very small amounts.
Dr. Basil S Koikara