Ref. No. F36/BK/17-01, dated 21 July 2017
SIXTH CONVOCATION OF ASSAM DON BOSCO UNIVERSITY
The Board of Management of Assam Don Bosco University has decided to hold the Sixth Convocation of the University on 09 September 2017 at 4:00 pm at the Azara Campus of the University (Azara, Guwahati – 781017, Assam).
All graduating students of the year 2017 are encouraged to exercise the privilege of being participants in the Convocation Ceremony and ensure that the Sixth Convocation of the University will be a memorable event.
Important guidelines for those participating in the Convocation:
- All eligible students are required to apply for Convocation and for Pass Certificate to attend the Convocation and to obtain the Pass Certificates. Applications are to be submitted online using the link available in the online Convocation Notification. The requisite fees are to be paid online (link given below. Please mention payment details in the application). Last date for receiving applications – 1 September 2017.
- Gold medals will be awarded to the graduates with the highest CGPA in each programme and in each discipline (BTECH/MTECH) provided they have a CGPA of 8.00 or more (programmes in Science and Technology) / 7.50 or more (programmes in Humanities and Social Sciences) in accordance with the regulations of the University. The Chancellor’s Medal for standing first across the degrees and the Vice Chancellor’s Medal for outstanding contribution to campus life will also be awarded on the occasion. The recipients of these medals will be intimated personally.
- A rehearsal of the Academic Procession and the ceremony will be held at the Azara Campus of the University on 08 September 2017, at 3.00 pm. All those participating in the Convocation in person must attend the rehearsal.
- On 09 September, the graduating students may register at the designated rooms from 1:30 pm and collect their gowns, caps and scarves. They must be dressed and ready for the academic procession by 3:30 pm. Students who arrive after 3:00 pm will not be granted entry to the Convocation.
- The gowns and caps must be returned to the designated rooms soon after the completion of the function and a receipt obtained for the same. Damage to either of these will attract a fine of Rs. 1500.00.
- The scarves, specially prepared to mark the occasion, may be retained by the graduates as a souvenir of their participation at the Convocation.
- Graduation Certificates and Transcripts will be available from the University Offices after the convocation on submission of the receipt certifying return of the gown and cap.
- Only official photographers will be allowed to take photographs during the ceremony. However, photo booths will be available in the campus after the function for individuals and groups wishing to take photographs with the convocation dress.
- The graduating students are welcome to send a paragraph or two of reminiscences for publication in the special issue of ‘Spark’, the University Newsletter, to be published on the occasion of the Sixth Convocation. Kindly email your reminiscences to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detailed instructions for the current students will be given in due course of time on the University notice boards.
Dr. Basil S Koikara
Pay Convocation and certification fees online
Apply for convocation online using this link (click here)
Please note the following:
- This application and payment procedure is valid only for the regular students of the University. Students of Assam Don Bosco University Centre for Online and Distance Education (DBU Global) should use the instructions given to them separately to apply and make payment for the convocation.
- Ensure that you make the required payment before proceeding to apply online as the payment details have to be entered in the online application form.