Call for Papers: Student Research Seminar on Postmodernism: Emerging Opportunities and Challenges in Media
Postmodernism is a general and wide ranging concept which evolved in late 20th century, and is applied to media, art, literature, philosophy, architecture, fiction, cultural as well as literary criticism among others to explain reality. It is a continuous trend, in developing the ways of life. The concept has been widely discussed among scholars from different perspectives.
Mass media has wide ranging implications on the masses, ranging from the psychological to the intellectual to the cultural. Postmodernism becomes an important lens to understand the effects in the highly dynamic 21st century. In this context, it is pertinent to study what has been the impact of postmodernism in field of communication and media – the opportunities it generates and the challenges that it poses. Discussions on these issues enable graduate students and researchers to explore deeper into in the realm of mass media and its effects on various disciplines.
Aims & Objectives of the Seminar:
1. To promote critical thinking and reflection through research methodologies.
2. To develop skills for observation, questioning, analysis and evaluation using the learning experience of the researchers.
3. To critically analyse the role of media in the postmodern era and understand how it affects our collective identity.
4. To provide a platform for graduate students to engage with their peers from other parts of the country.
- Media and education
- Effects of media on culture
- Communication technology and its impact on society
- Ethics and values of media in the postmodern society
- The political-economy of new media
- Digital platforms and civil society activism
- E-Governance and democracy
- The psychological effects of media in the society
- Media, radicalisation and terrorism
Date: 3rd November 2017
Venue of the Seminar:
Assam Don Bosco University,
Tapesia Gardens, Kamarkuchi Village,
Medium of Presentation:
Presenters are encouraged to present their papers only in English.
• Registration fees for paper presenters Rs. 800
• Rs 500 for participants.(for those who are not presenting papers)
• Registration will be done on the spot.
• Participants and paper presenters will have to arrange for their own accommodation
• Registration fees consist of: conference kit, tea, snacks and lunch.
• Last date for full paper submission: October 18, 2017
• Acceptance notification will be sent on: October 25, 2017
• Certificates will be provide for both presenters & participants
For any clarification, kindly contact:
Avishek Chakravarty – 7002418601
You may download the Brochure here -> Student Research Seminar 2017